2.5 Years Experience
Philosophy of Care and Areas of Interest: Kelly has worked primarily in the outpatient orthopedic setting, and specializes in general orthopedic, sports related, pre and post surgical treatment, balance/gait assessments and manual therapy techniques. She believes in a hands-on approach to managing injuries, working with both manual therapy techniques and tactile cueing to provide better understanding for proper exercise technique. It is imperative to Kelly that she prepares her patients for independence with their daily tasks, including independent management of any remaining signs and symptoms and prevention strategies to reduce risk of re-injury following the rehabilitation program at Aquacare Physical Therapy. Returning patients to sports, running, and an active lifestyle describes Kelly’s priority for patient care.
Training: Training: Kelly received her Bachelor of Science in Exercise and Sport Science from Coastal Carolina University, and earned her Doctorate in Physical Therapy from the University of Maryland Eastern Shore. She is a member of the American Physical Therapy Association. Since graduating from PT school, Kelly has completed the following continuing education courses:
- Emerging Concepts in Sports Medicine: New Techniques for the Evaluation and Treatment of Sports Related Hip & Knee Injuries. MedStar Union Memorial Hospital, Baltimore MD- March 21, 2015
- 2015 Annual Primary Care Approach to Treating the Injured Athlete. University of MD, St Joseph Medical Center- May 1, 2015
- 2nd Annual Gulfcoast Orthopaedic Rehabilitation Conference. Suncoast Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine, Sarasota FL- August 22, 2015
- Prevention of Medical Errors for Healthcare Professionals. National Healthcare Institute- October 18, 2015
- Effective Prevention and Treatment of Running Injuries. Cross Country Education- May 2016
- An Introduction to Vestibular Rehabilitation. Great Lakes Seminars- October 2016
Kelly has also been a Clinical Instructor for multiple students while working at Aquacare Physical Therapy in Easton, MD.
Vision: “My vision is to be a purposeful, empathetic, and honest physical therapist and to help my patients reach their highest potential in their daily lives. I am committed to helping all patients decrease pain, improve safety and return to their prior level of function using individualized plans to best fit their needs.”