Aquacare Physical Therapy is the only physical therapy practice in the area to offer a specialized wound care management program. This program is designed to promote healing and restore maximum independence for those individuals with chronic venous insufficiency, neuropathic wounds, traumatic injuries, and burns.
Wound Care Treatments:
- Chemical and Mechanical Debridement (per Doctor’s order)
- Electrical Stimulation
- Therapeutic Ultrasound
- Preventative Compression Bandaging for Edema Control
- Education on Appropriate Skin and Wound Care
- Exercise to promote circulation and facilitate healing
Evaluating the Wound
The needs and objectives of each patient are identified by an evaluation with the physical therapist. From this evaluation, a specifically tailored program is implemented, with the approval of the physician, to further support their return to optimal functional activity.
Creating the Treatment Plan
Treatment protocols are tailored to the individual needs of the patient. Treatment is implemented in a supportive manner with the goal of cost-effective wound care management and restoration to independence.
Benefits of Wound Care:
- Earlier recovery
- Decrease hospitalizations
- Prevention of prolonged and/or permanent disability
- Emphasis on prevention
- Wound cleansing techniques