Titleist Performance Institute (TPI)
Golf is an invigorating, highly enjoyable sport that can sometimes have serious physical repercussions if you don’t know how to properly move your body during play. Aquacare Physical Therapy offers a golf rehabilitation program that utilizes the Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) assessment model.
– “TPI is the world’s leading educational organization dedicated to the study of how the human body functions in relation to the golf swing. Since its inception in 2003, TPI has studied thousands of golfers ranging from the top professional Tour players to weekend enthusiasts. An incredible amount of data on players of all shapes, sizes, ages, and fitness levels has been gathered during this time. Using this data, TPI discovered how a properly functioning body allows a player to swing a golf club in the most efficient way possible. Additionally, TPI has analyzed how physical limitations in a player’s body can adversely affect the golf swing and potentially lead to injury. TPI’s mission is to educate golfers and industry professionals on the Body-Swing Connection™ through its one of a kind ‘TPI Certified’ educational program.”
– TPI’s Physical screen is a 16-point assessment that assesses the body’s mobility and stability requirements needed for the golf. At the end of the physical screen the client will be aware of how their body may cause certain swing characteristics, injury prevalence, and performance deficits. As a result of the screen, a fitness handicap score will be generated that has been developed based on the data collected from thousands of golfers at TPI.
Our TPI-Certified Physical Therapist, Dr. Trevor Hirsch, DPT, has gone through TPI’s certification program which allows him to be able to assess the how the body’s stability and mobility impacts the golf swing. Video swing analysis of the golf swing is then performed to connect the findings of the physical exam with the golf swing. Manual therapy and exercise/fitness interventions are then used to improve upon the deficits found to improve the golf swing and reduce injuries associated with the findings.
What are the Benefits?
Whether you are a novice golfer, weekend golfer or a professional, our golf physical therapy rehab program works for you. Benefits to this unique program include:
• Total body movement assessment
• Instruction in corrective exercise application
• Decreased risk of further injury
• Golf training exercises and fitness programs
• Develop greater efficiency when playing the game of golf
• Strength training specific to golf
Please contact us at either one of our Lewes locations to set up a free TPI Physical Screen today!
Golf service pricing
(if not covered by insurance)
Free TPI 16-Point Physical Screen and Golf Fitness Handicap Score (in 30 minute consultation slot)
3 40 minute follow-up sessions w/ corrective exercises prescription over 4-6 weeks $199
3 40 minute follow-up sessions with corrective exercises and necessary manual therapy $249