Update on COVID-19
March 13, 2020
Coronavirus: Know the Facts
More and more cases of the Coronavirus (Covid-19) are being confirmed each day. Aquacare wants you, your family, and your employees to be protected and stay healthy.
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) is a great resource, and here are some facts about the virus.
Fact #1: No matter one’s race or ethnicity, diseases can make ANYONE sick.
Let others know the truth and stop the fear. Being of Asian descent does not increase your risk of getting the virus.
Fact #2: In the United States, the risk is currently low.
The cases confirmed have been after someone has recently traveled. Those who recently traveled may be monitored to keep others safe.
Fact #3: If someone has finished quarantine, they do not pose a risk of infection to others.
You can find more information that’s up-to-date on the CDC Coronavirus page.
Fact #4: One way of preventing Covid-19 is knowing the symptoms. Symptoms include:
2. Shortness of breath
Fact #5: You can keep yourself healthy. Healthy tips:
1. Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds, often, and with soap and water.
2. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth without washing your hands first.
3. If you are sick, stay at home.
4. Cover your cough with a tissue.
Visit The Centers for Disease Control website for more information on the Coronavirus, including what you should know about symptoms, treatments, testing, and other frequently asked questions.
What Is Aquacare Physical Therapy doing regarding Corona Virus Protection?
1. As you are aware that as healthcare professionals, we already take extra care when cleaning tables and equipment after patient use. However, given the rise of COVID-19, we are giving even more attention to disinfecting our clinic.
Below are the steps we are currently taking to ensure your safety:
- Exercise equipment used during therapy sessions is cleaned after each use.
- Disinfectant wipes are in each clinic to use on any equipment that may have been utilized for wellness members.
- Antibacterial hand sanitizer is located throughout the clinic.
- All of our providers wipe down any surfaces that have meet clients during sessions with healthcare approved wipes.
- All of our providers wash their hands in between client treatment sessions.
- Do not hesitate to bring and use your own equipment if you are concerned about utilizing communal items.
2. We rely on our patients to do their part to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other illness. This means staying home if you are immunocompromised or experiencing any of the following symptoms: fever (100.4 and higher), sneezing, coughing, body aches, nausea or vomiting. We are screening patients on reminder calls informing them not to come for therapy with any of the above symptoms.
3. And finally, if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss our policy for disease prevention. At Aquacare Physical Therapy and Fitness Forum we take your health seriously with the upmost concern for your well-being.
Cara Konlian CEO